Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

For Mother's Day this year, Odin gave me a small pot with a small plant growing in it (he said it was a cucumber). I left the pot on the kitchen island so we could all see it, but it turns out that Millie likes to snack on young plants and she chewed half of the leaves off. So, I moved it to the counter where she couldn't get at it. One sunny day, it was looking kind of sad, so I watered it and put it in the porch to get some rays. Then Millie got locked in the porch while we went for a walk or did something outside, and she ate the rest of the leaves, a fatal blow to the little plant.

I replaced the little plant with some yellow annuals, which I failed to water sufficiently and have since died. I don't know what will be next; in the meantime, Odin keeps trying to revive the yellow flowers by watering them. Too little, too late, unfortunately. I also planted some cucumbers in the garden, and if I ever get around to weeding that, we can see if they are actually growing in there.

The infant room repeated dressing the babies up as flowers in flower pots, so I have a great photo of flower Jasper to go along with my photo of flower Odin.

Odin was looking at the Jasper's photo, so I dug his out so he could see what he looked like as a baby flower. Now I have two baby flowers in my Mother's Day flower pot!


No comments: