Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sleeping at the Lake

Jasper's had kind of a rough time learning to sleep at the lake. When we started going up there this winter, we slept in one room with him - us in a full size bed and Jasper in a pack and play n(Odin was in his portable tent in his own room). Jasper would wake up and cry so much that by 2am, we would just take him into the bed with us. So, I didn't sleep great, but at least he wasn't screaming and slept somewhat better.

Finally, we got our bed up there, and moving in to a separate room helped all of us sleep better through the night. Then we got a crib set up for Jasper in Odin's room and decided they would share a room for the first time.

We quickly changed the arrangement the first night when Jasper stood up in his crib and started crying, then Odin stood up in his tent and started fake crying back at Jasper, keeping them both awake. Since then, we've gotten Odin's real bed set up and spent more time working at getting them to sleep together. It seems to work if I read to them while they're each in their beds. Jasper will settle down to sleep (or almost sleep) while I'm reading, and after I turn out the light, I spend some time sitting on Odin's bed while they both settle in for the night.

Now, if Odin would stop getting out of bed 5 or more times before finally falling asleep, evenings would be much better!

No comments: