Odin went on his first field trip with the preschool class the other week; they went to the Raptor center, which was a perfect trip for him since he's been fascinated by owls for awhile now. He has moved from pretending we're Ruby and Max to pretending we are owls. He calls me Mommy Owl and I am instructed to call him Baby Owl. When I call him Baby Owl, he responds by flapping his little wings (hands) and saying a little baby "hoo hoo".
So, the field trip went well - he got to see two owls (and I assume he saw some other birds, too), and I taught him a new joke. He's getting better at telling the joke, but it took about 10 times of him just repeating each line after me before he got the exchange. Here it is:
Knock knock.
Who's there?
Owls.
Owls who?
Yes they do!
He gets a kick out of telling the joke and laughing at his own punchline, and it's really fun to see him giggling.
Monday, July 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment