Jasper has become an expert puller-upper and stander, and especially loves to employ these skills as a sleep delay tactic. Now that he knows he can get himself up closer to us, he goes for it at nearly ever opportunity. I've been getting him in his crib at night "drowsy but awake" (or even nearly completely asleep) more and more often, and while he initially sticks his little baby bum in the air and buries his face in the sheet to snuggle up and go to sleep, something snaps in his little brain that triggers the childhood aversion to going to sleep and he pushes himself up, reaches out for and grabs the bars of his crib, pulls himself up to standing and looks at me with his giant blue eyes.
I detach his fingers from the crib rail and lay him back down. He rolls over and repeats the whole pulling up process, until I finally give up and leave the room, letting him finally give in to sleep.
When he first learned to pull up and stand, he would do this every time he woke up in the middle of the night (once or twice per night). Unfortunately for both of us, babies learn to stand up before they learn to sit down, so he would be stuck there once he stood up, I think I had a good three weeks of having to go into his room just to lay him down and re-bink him so we could both go to sleep.
At least now he knows how to sit back down.
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment