Friday, June 4, 2010

More Birds

It felt like such a big win when we finally got Jasper sleeping all the way through the night back in March. Finally, we didn't have to watch the clock at 2 in the morning to see if we should go back in or let him fuss himself back to sleep, or even just stumble in there to replace his pacifier. But then spring officially arrived, along with many birds in the crabapple tree outside Jasper's window. And those birds get really excited to see a glimpse of the sun, no matter how early it may be.

When they start singing at 5 in the morning, it wakes Jasper up. I don't think he really wants to be awake, he still seems pretty sleepy but won't go back to sleep. And he doesn't want to be alone once he's awake.

Often, we (well, I) can sleepwalk into his room, give him his pacifier, lay him down and tell his it's still sleepy time and to go back to sleep. He'll let out one or two whimpers as I leave the room, but then settles down for another 45 minutes, when he wakes up hungry and crying for company.

At this point, we bring him into our bed, because I used to feed him and then he would fall back asleep until at least 7, but no more. Now, he finishes eating and is ready to be up for the day (along with the birds and the sun). I should take this opportunity to get up early myself to run, bike or just get to work earlier, but instead, Chad and I try to ignore it and get some more sleep before Odin wakes up, but this never works for me, since a party for Jasper is crawling on me and pulling on my hair.

Plus, he's just such as happy guy; it's a great chance to spend more time with his smiles and giggles.

No comments: