Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Party in Minneapolis

We've been taking Odin to toddler friendly plays for about 1.5 years now, and he has a good ability to sit and watch a 1+ hour live action performance so long as there is plenty of singing and dancing. He also likes to watch tv and we pretty much keep it tuned to Nick Jr when he watches on weekend mornings. His favorites are Dora the Explorer, The Wonderpets and Max & Ruby. I also kind of like Yo Gabba Gabba because it's made for the "hip parents" and sometimes I like to think I'm still cool. So, when I heard they were doing Yo Gabba Gabba live at the Target Center, I decided I would rather bring Odin to that than say, Dora Live, and got a couple tickets.

We got there just before the show started, and Odin noticed the big bunches of balloons gathered up at the ceiling. Once the show started, Odin soaked up every minute of the monsters singing, talking and dancing around and forgot about the balloons until they came dropping from the ceiling just before intermission. Unfortunately, we were in the cheap seats in the corners, and none of the balloons came down on us. I thought I was going to lose Odin as he kept trying to bolt to go get a balloon, but I managed to keep him by me. At the intermission, I started to look for a balloon for him, when the dad sitting next to him came back with TWO balloons - one for his daughter and one for Odin! What a great guy; Odin was so happy to have his balloon and barely let go of it for the next couple days. And we both had fun at the hip parent/kid's show.

No comments: