We got a sudden burst of extra warm spring last week which inspired me to get a bike trailer/jogger so I could take the boys bicycling and jogging on my own since the bike seat we have for Odin will not work on my bike. So, I picked it up on a rainy Tuesday and on Wednesday the sun came back out. So I took the opportunity to work from home and pick up the boys on the bike in the shiny new trailer. It was a fine ride up, and not too bad hauling the (empty) trailer the 3.5 miles to daycare, although I did feel the wind gusts a little more and wondered a couple times if I had a flat tire.
The boys were pretty good getting loaded up, although Jasper fussed a bit as I put his helmet on him and buckled him into the seat, then I gave him a pacifier and he was completely quiet the rest of the ride. Odin had a blast, telling me which was to go, pointing out the ducks and dogs and telling me catch the bicyclists who passed us along the way. Yeah, you go a lot faster when you're not pulling nearly 70 pounds of kids and trailer behind you.
I chose the route home by the fewest hills and we all made it home safely in time for dinner. I was definitely sore the next day, but that won't stop my from doing it again. It was great to get out with the kids on the bike, and I know Jasper will enjoy it more when he can move Odin off of his arm and jostle for space on his own. (It looked to me like Odin was crowding him a bit, even though Jasper didn't complain a bit).
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment