Although I was lucky enough to be home with Jasper over the summer, and got to go out on a walk every day and just enjoy being outside, there weren't too many scheduled activities I could do with him like I did with Odin since school was out for the summer. So, instead of ECFE, Jasper and I joined a music class with my neighbor Susie and her son. The first few classes, Jasper pretty much slept through, but I figured that was fine since it was almost more for me to get out of the house than for actual musical enrichment for Jasper (I mean, really, he was just a few weeks old. I'm not some kind of crazy "my 4 week old is gifted" kind of person, so I know the class was really just for me).
After a few classes, though, he started waking up and seemed to be paying attention to some of the people around him and enjoying some of the music. He was particularly fascinated with our instructor, Leah, although her lovely red hair may have had something do with that. By the last class, he was smiling for certain songs and clearly recognized and could be soothed by others. The session was pretty short, only 7 classes, since it was summer, so it was somewhat bittersweet to see him really come alive in class just as it was ending. Hopefully he'll enjoy music classes on the weekends with his brother, too, since I already registered the whole family for more.
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment