The last few mornings I've been waking up to a huge knot in my left shoulder. It only took about a week of this to figure out that it's worse on mornings after I've had to carry Jasper in the sling for more than 10 minutes at a time. As with Odin, the sling is back-up baby transportation out on walks. Although Jasper's not as fussy as Odin was, sometimes he would rather be carried than ride in the stroller during a walk, and he can get pretty loud about it. So, I always throw the sling in the stroller basket in case I need to carry the baby and push the stroller.
So anyway, after a week of the bad shoulder, I finally decided that Jasper must still be bigger than Odin was, and maybe slings really only work with little babies. I've been carrying Jasper in my Pikkolo buckle carrier when we were out and about, but it's kind of bulky for a little baby and doesn't really fit in the stroller basket and definitely doesn't fit in my purse like a sling does, so I decided to get yet another carrier. This time, it's a Mei Tai style carrier; similar to my buckle carrier but it ties instead, so no bulky buckles, just more fabric.
And, it works! Jasper fits in it just great, it distributes the weight across both of my shoulders and my waist and back, and it fits in the stroller basket and my purse.
No comments:
Post a Comment