Friday, August 14, 2009

Odin's First Field Trip

Odin had his very first field trip ever. The toddler classes at his daycare took a bus to the Como Zoo. He had to bring his own lunch, and because he loves backpacks so much (thanks Dora) but all of the backpacks in the stores are too big for his little body, I made him an Odin-sized backpack to take on the field trip. His lunch and water bottle fit just right, and the backpack was just the right size for him to carry on his own.

I had planned to volunteer to chaperone the field trip since I am off of work, but by the time I went to sign up, practically every other parent in the class had already signed up to be there. I figured I can see Odin at the zoo pretty much any time I want and decided to give him the time to be special with his friends and teachers. Sounds like he didn't miss me and had lots of fun at the zoo!

Here he is modeling his new backpack.

No comments: