Monday, September 28, 2009

Back at Work

I've been back to work for a week now and Jasper has been in daycare for two weeks. It took him that first week at daycare to get used to taking his bottle regularly, so I'm glad he got a week there when I wasn't at work yet, and now he is thriving. He is already much more social, and smiles at Chad, Odin and me when he sees us. He's still in the co-sleeper, and though he wakes up before I do, he is usually quietly looking around the room and I still get a few more minutes of much appreciated sleep. When I do wake up and say good morning, I get a big smile back from Little J. He's growing fast though, and we'll probably move him into the crib within the next few weeks.

We are very lucky that the boys already have pretty similar sleep schedules. On one hand, it's a luxury we can afford having both us home at bedtime, so we can each get a boy to bed. Once Jasper is older, I hope we might be able to combine their bedtime routines, but for now, Odin likes to go through a lot more stories than Jasper. For us, it's nice that they're both in bed and asleep by about 8pm and they don't wake up for the day until 7am. This weekend, they even both napped at about the same time in the afternoon!

I'm adjusting to thinking about work stuff again; it was really nice to have the summer off with Jasper, and I feel kind of like those kids going back to school. Some of it is almost too familiar, like I never left, but then I have to do real work and realize that I am still a little rusty. I'm sure it will all be old hat by next week though!

No comments: