Thursday, November 29, 2007

Bouncing Baby Odin

I've been back at work for two weeks now and things seem to be going good for both Odin and me. He is usually happy when I pick him up from daycare, and smiles at his caretakers and me. The other day they said he was talking to his mobile a lot and very interested in the other babies in his classroom - I think these are pretty good signs that he's happy where he's at.

We had a good holiday - Odin seemed to enjoy meeting all of his aunts, uncles and cousins on both sides of the family, but it wiped him out, messing up our sleep for the entire weekend. After usually waking up only once or twice to eat, he woke up every hour fussing Thursday night, then every two hours Friday night; he was almost back to normal in time for the Sunday Thanksgiving get together, then awake every two hours again Sunday night. Fortunately the last two nights he only woke up twice to eat, but he got up early (at 6:15!) today. Guess I'll be going to bed early tonight, too.

We haven't been taking as many photos of Odin lately, but it seems like he is changing and growing every day. I keep trying to get a picture of him smiling, but it is really difficult; he'll be all smiley and laughing, then the moment I pull out the camera he gets all serious while he examines that weird box in front of mommy's face. This is the closest I've gotten to a picture of him smiling.
It doesn't really do him justice though, because his smile can take over his whole face, so here is some video of the fun he has with Chad bouncing him. Think of it as your moment of zen.

No comments: