Sunday, July 20, 2008

Odin's First Triathlon - Minneman 2008

I did a triathlon earlier this year with a group from work. I was part of a relay team where I swam and biked. It was really nice not to have to do the running leg for once, but I did register for two more triathlons this summer where I would have to do all three legs on my own. On Saturday July 5th, I raced (participated) in Minneman, a 1/3rd mile swim, 13 mile bike and 3 mile run. Since the event was not too far from Chad's parent's place, Chad came out with Odin and his parents came to hang out with them and watch the race. As a bonus, my sister came out with my niece and nephew, so I got to go swimming with my niece after the race!

It was pretty early in the morning when we got out to the race site (before 7am!), so Odin was still a little groggy:
He must have woken up a bit while I was out on the bike or run, though. I see he got to go swing with his dad and grandma. I'm guessing he was having a lot more fun than I was.
After being passed by a lot of people on the bike, and then somehow passing a bunch of people on the run (I am a slow runner), I finally finished the race. Here's proof!
After the race, we went back to the Foote house for lunch (and a nap). Here's how big Odin was just a couple weeks ago (10.5 months).

No comments: