Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Infant Craft Time

When Odin started daycare, I had no idea I would already need to make space on the fridge for his little infant arts & crafts projects. Really, we knew we picked a fabulous daycare for him and that his teachers love him and he loves them, but the little projects are so unexpected and just cute. I'm really happy to have them, especially since I know I wouldn't have taken the time to make them with him at home.

It all started with Thanksgiving. Odin has only been at daycare about one week, when we got this Turkey made out of his tiny little hand prints (you can see how challenging it is to get an infant hand print when they're awake!).

A few weeks later, we got personalized baby snowflakes. I like how you can see just a hint of the sweatshirt of whoever is holding him (I think it's Marjie). He does make a cute snowflake.
A few days after getting the snowflake, I noticed that he was a little dirty under the fingernails. That's interesting, I thought, since they don't play outside or dig in the dirt at his age. But, I figured they must have been playing with something legitimate that cause it and didn't think anything more of it.

Until we went to his daycare's winter gathering, and saw this up on the wall:

Reindeer Odin, using his footprint for the reindeer head and hand prints for the antlers.

We had a bit of a lull in the crafts projects until Valentine's Day, when we found this hanging on his hook. Well, actually Chad found it when he dropped Odin off that morning. I didn't know anything about it, so when I picked Odin up that afternoon and his teachers asked me what I thought of the Valentine's Day gift, I was just all "huh?". Chad told me about when I called him on my way home. They even laminated this for posterity. Who knew you could do so many things with baby hand prints! They were very good about cleaning up after creating this masterpiece, because I never even noticed dirty fingernails.
The most recent project, the one that makes me smile (and giggle) the most, and the one that prompted this post, is my Mother's Day gift from Odin. I included a close up of the photo, because who knew my kid made such a cute flower? I especially love this because I never would have dressed Odin up like a flower for a photo, but it really is pretty darn cute and makes me smile whenever I look at it.
It will be interesting to see what they come up with next!

No comments: