Sunday, September 2, 2007

Day 18

So, we've been home for two weeks now and Odin has been here for 18 days. The first week home was not too bad, other than the lack of sleep, since I had Chad here to help me. This last week I was on my own though, and the sleep deprivation really catches up with you when you are home alone with a baby all week. I should have known that the lack of sleep would hit me pretty hard, since I normally like a solid 8-10 hours of sleep a night. Getting sleep in 1-2 hr increments (3 hrs if I'm lucky) is pretty hard for me. I'm going to have to make an extra effort not only to get out of the house (we've been going on at least 30 min walks every day), but to get out of the house and see people.

The thing I've missed the most about work is people. My in-laws kept saying today how quickly my 6 weeks would go by; yeah, it sure would if it weren't 13 weeks instead of 6. If I had only six weeks, it's weird to think that I'd be halfway through my time home with Odin already. As it is, I go between thinking how far away November sounds and how quickly the time really will go by. It reminds me of when I studied abroad for the first time in high school. I was super homesick and counted down the days before I would go home from the moment I got there. But, in the end, the time did go by really quickly and I felt like I should have done more than I did with my time there. So, I think this will be something like that. Overall, a really good time that goes by too fast, even though it seems like each day drags on forever and I won't get as much sleep as I'd like for the next several years. Oh well, someday, hopefully within the next year, he will at least be sleeping through the night!

Odin is thriving and growing well, with more alert time each day. I'll have to remember to take and post more pictures soon.

1 comment:

Kate said...

You know, I've heard that only letting people sleep for 1-2 hours at a time is the way they torture people... Gwen is now 12 weeks old, and is doing 2, 3, and 4 hour stints at night. You just sort of get into the routine of it, I guess. Odin is so cute - can't wait to see more pics!
-Kate McRoberts