Here he is at 2 days old:

And within an hour of birth in the recovery room:
For some reason, they even let us take him home.
Things are going well so far, but I sure do miss my night nurse (well, all the nurses, but especially the night nurse) and the luxury of the hospital nursery at night. Even though they still woke me up every couple of hours to feed him or give me medication, it was nice to know there was someone taking care of him and I could just crash. I also miss the adjustable bed. It was a whole lot easier to sit up and nurse in the middle of the night when I didn't have to rearrange all the pillows to make it halfway comfortable. I think I'm already starting the countdown to when he will sleep through the night. I have a long time to go on that, though, so maybe it's better to not think about it too much and just take it one day at a time.
4 comments:
Yippee and Congrats!
Becca,
You are looking pretty darned good for just having had a baby! Odin looks like a pretty handsome little guy. Not to leave out Chad, he looks good too.
Barb
Congratulations Becca!
Congrats again, Becca! I should've stopped by your blog sooner - lots going on here. It's fun reading and getting caught up!
Post a Comment