Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Yes, I'm Ready

For the past month, I've been sick of everyone asking me if I'm ready. I was fine. I was happy. I was (mostly) comfortable. And I was happy to leave my house to go do most anything at most any time without it being a big production. But, this weekend, I hit the point. When struggling to change position or get up off of the couch, or just roll over in bed, became a big production, when I was no longer able to bend over enough to put on my pants and had to sit down just to get dressed, and most of all, when at least three strangers a day started saying: "You're going to have that baby any day now, right?" I got to good and ready for this baby to make it's arrival.

Fortunately, I don't have to sit and wait and wonder when it will happen for 2-3 weeks. Since the baby refuses to turn head down and likes hanging out with its feet in my hips, I've got a C-section scheduled for next week. Now I'm down to two days of work left and a few days to get the house ready before we head to the hospital and come back to a whole new world. At least I have a few more days to indulge in daily desserts. And at least it's easy to keep my dessert close to my mouth. I really am that big now.

And, the nursery is ready. At least, it looks ready from a distance. There are still, of course, clothes and sheets to be washed and everything to be put away. But, they dropped off the diapers on Monday, so we've got most everything around the house that we need for a baby.

So, yes, I'm ready. And please don't tell me I look like I'm having twins. My co-workers swear I don't look pregnant from the back (except for the waddle).

No comments: