Tuesday, July 17, 2007

125 Racers

So, after a series of mostly small things with a couple bigger things that just put me into a foul mood by Saturday afternoon, then the horrible news that one of Chad's friends (a former PWC co-worker) died unexpectedly in his sleep Friday night, I was a little worried about how the bike race would turn out on Sunday. By Saturday night, I was just ready for the weekend to be over, which is pretty unusual for me - I generally really really like my weekends.

Turns out, I must have gotten my bad karma out of the way Friday night and Saturday, because we had perfect weather, 125 racers, no injuries or accidents, enough volunteers and all in all more compliments than complaints, which I figure is pretty darn good for our first year putting this race on. So, it looks like we will probably be doing this next year, too, now. We had a lot of fun (and did a lot of work), and it was good to be back doing something with my Velo Bella teammates since I can't get out on rides with them this summer!

Kate at Registration

Cyclists lining up at the startPost Race festivities, waiting for the official official results. This kid broke our hula hoop, he was so good!

No comments: