Monday, October 12, 2009

Raspberries

Jasper is very proud of his ability to deliberately make noises, especially motor boat raspberry noises. I'm convinced that this new found ability disrupted his sleep Saturday night, when he was awake! every 2 hours. Fortunately, he would go back to sleep when I gave him his pacifier, but it made for a long night for both of us, and he was pretty tired and grumpy on Sunday.

So, last night was his first official full night in his crib in his own room. I tried putting him down in his co-sleeper, as usual, but he tried to roll over right away and kept hitting the side of the co-sleeper. So, we tried the crib, and it seemed to work alright. He woke up for a bit around 1am, but got himself back to sleep pretty quickly. When he woke up at 6, I figured he was probably hungry and went in to feed him. He had turned himself a full 90 degrees and was kicking the bell toy on the crib mirror. I think he will like the crib alright.

To bring it all full circle, he kept himself completely entertained blowing raspberries at the ceiling while I got dressed this morning. He is definitely very proud of himself, and gives me a big grin when I acknowledge his silly sounds.

No comments: