Saturday, August 16, 2008

We Went to the Zoo...

We've had a few gorgeous weekends this summer, and since we decided to spend last Sunday in town after I finished my triathlon on Saturday, we needed to do something outdoors to take advantage of being in town on a beautiful day. We decided to take Odin to the MN Zoo to see the new exhibit, Russia's Grizzly Coast. Neither of us had been to the MN Zoo since we were kids, and I always had this notion that it was so far away. Well, it turns out it is pretty far away from Coon Rapids, but not so far from SW Minneapolis.

It didn't take us too long to get down there, and we got to see the sea otters, bears, monkeys and more. Either it was naptime at the zoo, or the animals were just taking it easy to endure the heat. But, we saw monkey napping, bears napping, leopards napping, tigers napping, takins napping, wart hogs napping, camels napping, timber wolves napping, prairie dogs napping (and playing) and I think even the dolphin was trying to nap.

Here are a couple napping camels.
And Odin looking at some of the napping Takins. It usually took him awhile to notice the animals, but once he saw them, he was pretty interested. But I think the people were just as interesting to him as the animals at the zoo.

No comments: