Monday, January 21, 2008

Rolling, Step 1

Well, we officially have a rolling baby at our house now. Over the past week, both Chad & I had seen the after-effects of rolling (usually a fussing baby with his face on the floor), but last night, we both saw the real thing, and this time it ended with several minutes of Odin happily trying to get the block he had rolled over for in the first place instead of instant unhappiness at being on his belly. So far, he only goes from back to front, and generally ends up with one arm stuck under his belly, but I hear it's not too far from this to the rest of the rolling repertoire.


Odin has also been grabbing onto and playing with his feet for several weeks now, but this morning he finally succeeded at getting his big toe in his mouth. He seemed pretty happy about that, and it is pretty cute. Me, I'm pretty happy that my hamstrings are flexible enough that I can touch my toes.


My Grandma Nelson and Aunt Carol drove down and came over for a visit with Odin. So, the lucky little man has been able to meet and cuddle with both of his great-grandmas now. Here he is with my grandma, dad and me.



His cold is much much better and by Thursday last week he was back to his usually smiley, happy self. It took a couple more days for his sleep to improve, but he's getting better every day. I hope we only have to do one bout with this cold this year.

1 comment:

Eclectchick said...

Awww, cuter and cuterer!